Thursday, May 31, 2012

Model Home: Part 2

Thanks for all of your nice comments on Part 1! Now it is time for the basement and the second floor. I will start with the basement since I didn't do much there and it is not as exciting. :)
Craft Room
Since there are six bedrooms we decided to make one of them look like a craft room. I just kept it pretty simple.


The desk and chair are from Pier 1. The shelf is from Target and the bulletin board/maker board is from Walmart.

The other bedroom in the basement I tried to make it look like a teenage room. The paint colors in the home are pretty masculine, as you will see later, so I wanted to make this room look more girly. I found the bedding at Big Lots and thought it would work okay with the wall color. Then, I just went from there.


The dresser and nightstand are from Shopko. The lamp is from Target and the art I found at Michael's.
In the basement family room all I did was add a game table in this pretty window area. I found this at Shopko.


I think the plan is to later bring in a sofa the owner already has into the family room to complete it a little more.

Okay, now onto the second floor of the home.

Master Bedroom.
The master has green accent paint, as you can see in the right corner, so I tried to work with it as best as possible. The bed and nightstands were something the owner already had, so I had to work with that too. I found the bedding at Tuesday Morning and I felt like it tied everything together really well and also gave the room a little feminine touch. I found the fern pictures at vintageprintable.com and had them printed at a local print shop for cheap.


The dresser I found at Furniture Row. Then I added an inexpensive mirror from Ross and some simple lamps from Walmart.


Master Bathroom
I didn't need to do much here.


But, there is this cute little window seat in the walk-in closet, so I added a few coordinating pillows.


Guest Room
The bedding is from Kmart. The nightstands and wall art are from Fred Meyer. The lamps are from Walmart.


The Nursery
Again, we have the same green that is in the master, so I had to find crib bedding that would work with it. Luckily I found this cute Noah's Ark set at Shopko. The colors were perfect. You can't see it, but the art above the crib is a picture of a giraffe that I found on vintageprintable.com and the big one is one that I made that says, "you are getting very sleepy." It was inexpensive and colorful.


For the other side of the room I used the old inexpensive embroidery hoop trick. The crib and changing table I found at Walmart for $200 for the set!!



Game Room
There is a fabulous large room over the garage. It would be the perfect game/toy/movie/hangout room.


The sofa was one that the owner already had. I found the green poufs at Tuesday morning. The kids table is from Toys R Us. The plan is to put a T.V., and a fooseball table and air hockey table in this room and let the kids hang out here while the parents are touring the home.

Boy's Room
I had fun with this room. I gave it kind of a travel/airplane theme.


The furniture is from Kmart. The bedding is from Ross. For art, I got a map from Office Max for $7 and framed it. For the other art, again on vintageprintable.com I found these cool Yellowstone and Zion National Park posters. The letters are from  Michael's and the Lamp is from Target.


Well, that is pretty much it. I left out some bathrooms because they are pretty basic. For the budget and time frame I had to work with I am pleased with how it turned out. Hopefully it will make people want to move right in. This home is going to be in the Parade of Homes in September, and I am currently working on another gorgeous home for Guardian Homes that will be in the Parade of Homes too. I will have two homes in the Parade this year, so that is pretty exciting!

4 comments:

Ashley said...

Amber, you have done an amazing job!! I love it, you will have to come and do my house when we buy one!!

andrea.hudson5 said...

Everything looks amazing! I can't believe you found that cute "teen" bedding at Big Lots...I didn't even know they carried stuff like that!

Unknown said...

SO great! And I bet, since it's in Idaho, that it's super affordable too... *sigh* LOVE it!

The Radmall's said...

Love it Amber!! You always do such a good job! Miss you!