Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Calvin's Nightmare Shower Remodel

A few months ago I posted pictures of our, what we thought would be, weekend project of replacing the tile in the shower. After a leak in the basement ceiling, re-grouting and resealing the tile 3 times, taking many showers at my parents house, and having a baby :) I can finally say it is really finished. Calvin was really sick of this project, but he did an AMAZING job and I love it! Just look at the results.

Here is the before. Nasty pink tile, original to the house.


During part of the process


And here is how it looks now!


Calvin replaced all of the fixtures with brushed nickel and combined with the crisp white subway tile it makes for a classic look that I think goes perfect in our 1940's home!

4 comments:

Courtney Price ~ Vintage Ginger Peaches said...

I love it! I notice that the shower head is nice and tall too :) Sweet!

K.D. Kinney said...

Does he want to come do mine next? It looks so good!

Anonymous said...

wow, I feel like an incompetent loser after the description of what I did. The hardest part was re-doing all the plumbing behind the wall for the new hardware and re-locating the shower head so it didn't hit me in the belly button. The grout in one small spot wouldn't seal properly and a little leaked through where it shrunk away from the tile. We were able to use the shower in between re-grouting and failed attempts at sealing and I think I only took 2 or 3 showers at the in-law's. It was one small thing that kept needing re-doing. It was really frustrating because I followed the sealing instructions exactly.
- Calvin
Lesson learned: use the sealer that you pre-mix with the grout next time. It is worth the extra $5.

R1se Hluoluo said...

Pada saat ditanyakan berkenaan strategi khusus untuk mencapai kesuksesan, Kai memaparkan rahasianya. Menjadi aktris kelas atas, dia tidak enggan latih diri lebih keras kembali dan kembali. iA bahkan juga ikhlas jadi anggota yang tiba paling dahulu dan pulang terakhir untuk telaten dan giat latihan.

Rutinitas latihan ini masih dilakukan bahkan juga sesudah dianya sukses jadi bintang sekalinya. Walau latihan seorang diri, https://fashion-dunia.com/ dia dengan disiplin lagi jaga kualitas performanya.

Dia yakin jika 10 ribu jam latihan di satu sektor adalah modal awalnya menjadi bintang di ranah itu. Bisa dibuktikan, Kai sudah sukses raih mimpinya.